Whether you have stretched your new wall art onto stretcher bars, added a mat and frame or protected your new wall art behind glass, below is some basic information that is good to know to keep your artwork in pristine condition.
- Keep your artwork out of direct sunlight. The sun’s UV rays can crack or fade the surface after long periods of time.
- Avoid subjecting your artworks to extreme changes in atmosphere. Avoid excessive dryness, humidity, heat or cold.
- If not under glass, dust your artworks with a soft, clean cloth occasionally to prevent dust buildup. Never use cleaning products or water!
- If you chose to place your artwork under glass, make sure you add a mat around the edge of the artwork to keep the glass from touching the canvas. Canvas needs to be able to breathe.
- The mat and backing of your frame should be made of acid free paper and finished with acid free tape.
- Do not leave your artwork rolled or in plastic for long periods of time. The humidity in the air may promote mold to grow and can warp the canvas permanently.
Sign up for my VIP List!
If you would like to receive notices of new digital art products, special events or other information that may be of interest to you, please sign up for our mailing list.